OVMS 8th Grade Parents & Guardians ~
The end of the school year brings about a whole bunch of excitement… and nothing is quite as exciting as the pomp and tradition of the 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony. The ceremony this year will be held in the OVMS Gym and will start at 10am on Thursday, May 23, 2019. Space is limited and three tickets were already distributed to each 8th grade student’s family. Here are a few reminders to help with the big day…
- If additional family members or friends are attending the ceremony and do not have tickets, there will be overflow seating in the MPR and the ceremony will be shown on the big screen via a live streaming service. All children should be supervised by an adult while in the MPR.
- Parking is very limited on the morning of the Promotion Ceremony. I strongly encourage carpooling to school, dropping folks off at school and parking at Safeway, and/or walking to the campus, if possible. Monitors will help direct traffic in the parking lot. There should be absolutely NO parking in the bus bay.
- 8th grade students are free to leave with their family following the ceremony on Thursday, however, we will need to account for all students. There was a permission letter sent home with students last week that would expedite this process. If you did not return this letter with your student, you will need to sign your student out after the ceremony at tables in the front of the school.
- Balloons arrangements are not allowed in the gymnasium and will need to be stowed in the foyer of the gym until after the ceremony.
- For interested parties that would like to view the ceremony from the comfort of their home or workplace… The 8th grade Promotion Ceremony, as well as 8th grade Awards Assembly (on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 1pm), will be live-streamed. Click on the following link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/UMK7zudpGcK to view 8th grade events. You can also find the link on the Old Vail Facebook page and OVMS website.
- As a reminder, Friday, May 24, 2019, is a non-school day for 8th grade students. The absence will be administratively excused for all 8th grade students.
We are very excited to celebrate this transition from middle school to high school with you and your family!