OVMS Hawk Attire
We all share the responsibility of assuring the atmosphere is conducive to learning and fostering an environment of respect. Appropriate dress is often a requisite for employment and, therefore, is a topic consistent with meaningful instruction and relevant to student learning.
Students are expected to dress appropriately for school. Students may be asked to change clothes if the clothing is deemed inappropriate by staff. Please adhere to the following:
- Bra straps should not be visible and cleavage should be covered.
- Underwear/boxer shorts should not be visible.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Bedroom slippers are not appropriate shoes for school.
- Sunglasses and hats may be worn outdoors.
- Headgear to include bandanas, do-rags, and sweatbands are not to be worn or seen on the campus during the school day.
- Pajamas are not appropriate attire for school.
- Tattoos are not allowed.
- Chains and collars may not be worn as jewelry. Wallet chains are not allowed, and lanyards may not hang out of pants/shorts pockets.
- Shirts with sleeves are required for young men.
Clothing should not expose areas of the stomach, side, or back. Tank tops, spaghetti straps, bike shorts, spandex, leggings, jeggings, and other types of excessively form-fitting clothing do not fit our standard and are not considered appropriate clothing for school (spandex, leggings, jeggings, or other types of excessively form-fitting clothing may be worn under skirts, dresses, or with a shirt that is equal in length to your middle knuckle when arms are extended by sides). All shorts, pants, and skirts must have a hem and be of appropriate length (middle knuckle when arms are extended by sides). Clothing and personal belongings worn must not depict inappropriate or negative pictures, messages, symbols, or lettering. There can be no depiction of sex, alcohol, drugs, or weapons.
Gang-affiliated clothing and personal belongings, deemed such by local law enforcement officials, may not be worn. Examples include, but are not limited to, bandanas, do-rags, hairnets and studded apparel.
Any attire or accessories that are deemed a distraction by administration will not be allowed.